Friday, April 18, 2008

unless I'm gettin flexi with da tech



About a week ago, I was getting ready to head home from work when Todd, the head mechanic and co-owner of my shop, asked if I would be able to put some miles on a customer's 1098. It just had new pistons installed and he wanted to be sure that I would accelerate and decelerate very aggressively to set the new rings. Needless to say, I was happy to oblige. After a trip up mt. tam with nothing but tight curves and no real space to open it up, I was stoked to get out on the freeway where I found just how stable a ducati feels when you are leaned over in a turn at 110. I have never ridden a bike where the action of turning the throttle equates, so fluidly, to pouring on the scenery. I spent my breakfast with this bike directly in my field of vision.
For the real geeks, check this youtube out.

As for the motorcycle I actually own, I recently installed a new skid plate and master cylinder guard. The guard only came in silver and after about 20 coats of matte black rustoleum, complemented the bike perfectly.
I found this pair of gloves when one of my house mates Jef was moving his studio down to hunters point. If only they weren't two sizes too big! Holler at me if you have big hands...$1 dollar for the early 90's throw backs. It's not every day where you are given the option to purchase riding apparel with purple and magenta accents


I have been listening to this panda bear album a lot lately.

Marci had people over a week or so back, and there were about 10 people in attendance with a near equal number of bottles of wine. A little later on in the evening, out of the corner of my eye I noticed cop lights flashing and promptly we emptied onto the street to see what was up. We emerge from the lodge to find the remnants of a highspeed chase which included a shitty integra getting stripped apart and about 11 cop cars blocking in our dead end street. (too bad the driver didn't know they were heading into the bay after that last right turn) I look to the left after walking out, and see this super pig rick who I tried to sell a motorcycle to the week prior. His email address is (not kidding) underarrest@something.com. A little friendlier than usual I yelled "heyyooo rick!" but he didn't hear. When they started backing out of there, one of the female pigs yelled out "CHP, what, what!" Well at least they have a sense of humour...
Do you think there are enough street lamps?


I was heading over to Greg's house to swap some music when I found I couldn't enter his street because of some automobile carnage. Right after I walked past the scene, a kid on a skate board came screaming down the hill and tried to scrub off some speed by power sliding. He hit a rock or something and ate shit in front of the 5 or so cops who were hanging out. One of them piped up "that's why you should slow down!" to which the kid replied, "maybe you should fix that!"

Greg shipped out to work on an organic farm for the next year. He described a near perfect living situation: down a small path through a grove of trees, he will be occupying a trailer that stands alone in a meadow with a brook near enough to be lulled asleep by. He had a one week trial run where he learned that they start each day tracking down the cow that wanders one of the orchards. you coax it over and milk it. I wonder what a total break from all of my superficial priorities would mean?


I met the fabled tamale lady at zeitgeist a few nights back when I met up with Kendall and her roommate for pitchers. It was in the 70's that evening and everyone was out in less clothes than usual.

I finally filed taxes and can't wait to have the scrilla. I placed a new motorcycle on the horizon and all cash is flowing in that direction. While waiting for my appointment, I found this bayview diamond in the rough. That is an arm sling


My phone is doing that thing where it doesn't give me texts or voicemails for a few days in a row then all of the sudden it's blowing up all at once...Can't anything just work? fewer iphones and more ifarms?

2 comments:

dirty bird said...

somehow it didn't occur to me how much i didn't know about you. interesting...

Marissa said...

Wow. Those sandals (?) and socks sure do compliment the sling and classy T.

Oh! And speaking of texts, I tried to send you a photo-text of the bike I procured this weekend. It's a Peugeot from the 1980s. It's dreamy and I haven't gotten hit by a car yet!