Friday, March 28, 2008

oh goodness

Here is a little eye candy for anyone who appreciates hand built Italian motorcycles. This week in the shop three NCR bikes arrived for us to show off in anticipation of the first we will have available for sale sometime this summer. This redux of the ducati sport 1000s retails at about 100 g's. I test rode a hypermotard for the first time, and it really is just a big toy. The dash and flashing shift light when you hit the rev-limiter, are super akira style. I wish I had 12,000 to blow.


I finally passed the M1 test for my california license motorcycle endorsement, leaving behind the stink of the dmv for at least a few more years. (the mass dmv was kind enough to not transfer my out of state endorsement a while back...guhh) So now all is legal and well in the world of motorcycle riding. I installed a couple new goodies for the klr this week and gave 'er fresh oil. The wider foot pegs were a cinch, the handguards took some gentle persuasion. Now I can rest easy knowing my brake and clutch lever will be a-ok when I drop it, or happen to take off a car's mirror. After I get engine and tank guards in a week or so, I'm gonna start off road adventuring, so look out for more iphone pics and ride reports.


I've reversed my opinion of my daily commute. At first I was pissed since I have to ride through downtown to catch the 101 north to get to work. Now the city is the best leg of it. The klr's 21" front wheel is perfect for rolling over shit (even with the crappy brakes) and the wide upright bars make throwing the bike around easy. Splitting lanes, thundering up hills, passing through blocks of traffic, makes it fun as shit on a dual sport! The traffic lights make next to no sense, so climbing to the front of the pack of waiting cars is a huge advantage. Not as quick as a track bike through crowded streets, but about as fun.


As for proclivities, not much has changed lately... work out every other day, ride or run sometimes, studying up on the product I'm trying to sell pretty much every free moment. No internet still which sucks. Tax refunds will produce cash flow for more riding gear or maybe a canon g9? Maybe even a haircut?
There was some grilling going on at the lodge on easter and I got to meet some more of the butchertown residents. Best grilled portobello's I've tasted yet. Jamima baked a cake with edible flowers on top which was straight martha stewart and yummy. I met another neighbor yesterday while he was adjusting his scavenged brooks saddle. He definitely referenced Sheldon Brown.

2 comments:

Los! said...

Yo Thayne!

its carlo, is stumbled upon your blog. glad to see all is well for you in san fran. ill be out there the 12th to the 19th of april. itd be nice to catch up.

los!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.