Sunday, March 16, 2008

marching right along


So my internet leeching isn't working out so well right now. I guess its a good thing since the pile of shit I put off daily is finally getting whittled down. Being able to go to a cafe and take care of two addictions in one fail swoop is convenient. But people on laptops in public blow, so it's kinda self damning.

Last weekend there was clearly a party happening down in the corner space of our warehouse. I poked my head out to see, and in the process I met a girl headed in that direction. We went in and listened to some kinda thrashy band for a couple, then went back outside to chitchat and refuel. In doing so, I met some kid who had good glasses, and is a disgruntled employee of the apple store. He peeped the cracks on my iphone and said he would happily fix the problem!

Working at hattar is still taking a lot of effort. Lots of details to learn about the bikes and trying to talk motorcycles to strangers all day is pretty draining. I guess its a welcome change after months of doing jack shit, but I do enjoy having nothing to do but figure out what to do. I have been test riding bikes every chance I can and that list now includes: ducati multistrada 1100s, 1098, triumph tiger, scrambler, and 675. I was blown away by the 1098. The monoblock brembo's stop better than anything and the front wheel comes up without any effort. I really like the characteristics of the triple engines on the triumphs. If I had to get a race bike, the 675 would be it in a heartbeat. The stock underseat exhaust sounds sooo nasty, and it is so light and flickable.


Ya'll seen red dawn? If not, don't put if off for another second. It took me 'til the tender age of 28 to see this baby. I can only imagine how rich my life would have been with this film being a part of it early on. shit is swayyyzzee

Earlier this week I took in slim cessna's auto club. They had great stage presence which Brad labeled "homo-social" (is that real?) and homeboy has a gold tooth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.