Wednesday, March 5, 2008

its sad, the neglect


I went to dalva to check out an opening for my pseudo housemate aaron de la and before I can even step in the door who do I bump into? Fucking Andrew Snow from Boston, by way of SF, kentucky...I don't know where else. (I guess he is in town getting tattooed, and tattooing in turn.) When I bump into him, he's outside of delirium trying to bum tubes off bike kids! So we get him a tube from Aaron's boy, and after its changed, it ends up blowing out the tire. Great. So I go home and fetch a tire and tube, head back and save the day. Lucky motherfucker. He bought me a beer that tasted like a loaf of german bread, and we caught up while watching the midget cowboy flick that was being projected. I also got a call from Rob Bottomly who is taking a little vacation here for the next week. Cambridge shop kid, sick bmx'er, good musical taste, all around nice guy. I'm glad to have excuses to go get drinks on school nights.

Still speaking of Boston kids, Greg Disterhoft is living here now. I had the privilege of going on my first long road ride with him the other day where I found myself staving off the urge to puke towards the last few hundred feet of climbing up mt. tam. (43 miles, over 2,500 feet) Being the gentleman that he is, he waited at the top where we took in some incredible views of the pacific coast and the city. The great thing about cycling (and I don't want to let the cat out of the bag here) is how even when you feel like death, you feel great! Even better when its in the 70's and blue bird. The descent was incredible with switchbacks the whole way down to sea level.


Brad came by yesterday and gave me some hand-me-down levi's and showed off his new bmw rallye 2 pro jacket. I've wanted one pretty bad, but it creates a slight imbalance when you have the rat bike of dual sports, and the bmw (for lack of a better example) of riding apparel. Plus we'd match...

No comments: