Wednesday, May 28, 2008

midnight visitor


There is a cat who lives in our warehouse named Persephone. I ignore her most of the time; she is as filthy as a rat and almost as annoying. Since day one, I have been bombarded by her constant meowing for food. I was instructed to feed her if she whines, and feed her I did. About a month after I moved in, I was pulled aside by the "house daddy" of our space and told I wasn't allowed to feed her anymore. Music to my ears right!? According to him, I was contributing to her "unhealthy weight gain" so the responsibility was lifted, ever so kindly, from my shoulders. Well, fast forward a couple months, to a few nights back, and you have me chilling out in my room. I hear a scratching on my door followed by Persephone's persistent meowing. The little bitch won't quit until I open up and she struts right in. After she explores a little bit, she cozies up in the middle of my bed. She sleeps all night and I actually hear her snoring and making little noises like she's dreaming! Do cats do that? Cute I'll admit, but now I'm sharing my bed with a grubby cat that I don't want to have cuddle time with. She pulled the same shtick the following night, and like a sucker, I let her right in.
So, what I have right now is her clawing at my door... Am I getting played or what?
I probably have picked up fleas or some dust disease.

I'm listening to the new dead meadow album right now and look forward to a couple more listens through.


After work a bunch of us took demo bikes and did a run of some of the local twisties in Lucas valley. I jumped at the opportunity to ride the Triumph Tiger, since I haven't yet worked it harder than a trip around the block. It had the comfort of a couch and could get up to speed and back down relatively quickly. It changed direction with ease, and sounded great. The front end likes to come up when you're really getting on it.
Earlier in the day I took the new Ducati Monster 696 out for a short loop and walked away very impressed. The riding experience was incredible with the carbon termignoni exhaust sounding mean and throaty. This bike is so easy and fun to ride it made me want one immediately. The icing on the cake was the digital dash with 80's knightrider style tachometer. It glows red!


Don't ask me what led me to the following article, but wtf. "we value people with money" Don't feel compelled to read it entirely? I understand, but at least check the last paragraph. I'll shut up now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

don't even try to pretend that isn't the cutest picture of the cat! Get a flee collar.. and wear it!