Monday, February 18, 2008

work more to play more?


So today, I find myself gainfully employed and must say goodbye to the past two and a half months of not working. Neil feels my pain.

Earlier this week I started working with Travis of freight baggage. I'm sure you have witnessed the amount of nut swinging that has gone on, and needless to say, I'm stoked to be keeping this kind of company. Learning to sew is awesome! I have spent a lot of time trying not to put industrial needles through my fingers, while constructing pieces for hip packs. If you haven't experienced a sewing machine, its kind of like a video game where you shoot guns and have to reload. (no messenger bag pun intended)

Next week I start selling motorcycles at the number one ducati dealer in the nation. (hattarmotorsports) Should be an interesting change of scenery, and a definite challenge. Working at cambridge for the past few years has kept it real. Selling stuff to people who usually needed it for daily transportation. Now I find myself selling toys to people with enough money to piss it away. "sir, why would you ever consider the S model, when the new R model is right around the corner? tee hee, tee hee." We'll see how it goes. The new commute will consist of riding across the golden gate bridge. I miss when my commute included the mass ave. bridge. (ahh the terrordrome days, sniff sniff) So it looks like I'm headed for some type of employment triumvirate of good luck. Having worked for the best bike shop, currently working for the best bag company, and now the best ducati dealer (pres of ducati NA gets his bikes built and tuned at hattar) means I need to keep blowing on eyelashes.

This town really does give two shits about bicyclists. I had a bus actually wait for me to overtake it before hooking a right turn. As opposed to the friendly mta drivers of greater boston who would leap at the opportunity to run you into a curb. (yeah, usually I would be on the left of it, but it was a test... and yes, I test employees of the city I live in.) The other day, I had a cop waive me through an intersection with a smile and a nod. They actually care! I turned down my NWA and returned the nod.


Today I bought about 10 magazines, had a veggie tamale for lunch, and visited painted bird. This is the best vintage/second hand shop I've discovered so far in SF. Everything is in great condition and there really isn't much of the crap you have to wade through like most places. Size smalls abound which always seems to be an issue (for the little ones) living in a city.

Now quick, go watch the eclipse! nasa info

No comments: